What is N-Power Tech for Developers
The N-Power Tech for developers programme will train, tool and position 10,000 hands-on software developers for the local and international software development market. Participants will undergo a project based model to training wherein they will be exposed to foundational software development tools as well as resources to thrive as a modern day software developer entrepreneur. The programme will seek to establish the foundation knowledge, tools and platform upon which participants can pursue a career as software development entrepreneurs. Training will last 11 weeks and culminate with job fairs to link participants with placement opportunities within their respective localities. The programme will also offer a continuity platform to support participants with learning and engagement opportunities on a continuous basis. Participants will be enabled with a device to continue the practice and exploration of opportunities after training.
|Core Employability Skills
- Writing and presenting written and verbal reports
- Role Plays
- Working in groups
- Team or group projects
- Learning sets
- Group discussion
- Communities of practice
- Case studies
- Investigative projects and research
- Using various problem solving tools and techniques
- Developing or designing models
- Problem solving in teams and networks
- Decision making activities
|INITIATIVE & ENTERPRISE
- Brainstorming activities
- Designing innovative and creative practices and solutions
- Initiating change/design change processes
- Simulation activities
|PLANNING AND ORGANIZING
- Research and data collection
- Developing action plans
- Planning and organizing events
- Time management activities
- Goal setting activities and scheduling tasks
- Collecting and analyzing information
- Development of portfolios
- Work plans
- Using log books to record time management skills and monitor own performance
- Career planning exercises
- Reflective journals log books, diaries
- Mentoring and coaching activities
- Self-evaluation tools
- Using the Internet, Intranets
- Using ICT skills to complete activities
- Industry relevant software, technology and equipment
|Introduction to Computer Science
- What computer science is.
- What a computer scientist does.
- Basic computer science vocabulary.
- The core concepts in computer science.
- What programming is.
- Identify basic elements in computer programming
|Introduction to Programming
- The Python programming language.
- Variables, data types and control structures in Python.
- Functions and modules in Python.
- What data structures are.
|Object Oriented Programming
- Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Classes and Objects.
- Implementing Object Oriented Programming Concepts in Python.
- Design Patterns.
|Data Structures and Algorithm
- The different data structure classifications.
- Data structures in Python.
- The principles of algorithms.
- The importance of algorithms.
- Algorithm analysis.
- Algorithms and how they are implemented in Python.
|Recursion/Sorting and Searching
- What recursion is about.
- When to use recursive functions.
- Difference between recursion and iteration.
- How recursive functions in Python are written.
- The importance of sorting and searching in computer science.
- Different sorting and searching algorithms.
- Implement sorting and searching techniques in Python.
- What software engineering is about.
- What a computer software engineer does.
- The two main branches of software engineering
- The software development life-cycle.
- The different software development paradigms.
- What the internet is.
- Howt he internet works.
- Basic internet tools or concepts.
- The World Wide Web.
- Basics of HTTP.
- Use HTML and CSS to create web pages.
- Basics of MVC.
|Introduction to Flask Web Programming
- Understand how to build RESTful web services using Python and Flask.
- Designing a RESTful API
- Leverage on understanding of databases to be able to work with SQLite
- RESTful Authentication with flask
- Flask Deployment
|Business of Software Consulting
- Software Consulting as it relates to different industries.
- Difference between a company and a startup.
- How to get Capital.
- Market penetration strategies.
- Why should you keep your books.
- Company registration process.
- 1. Basic Architectural design.
- 2. Basic CRUD.
- 3. App Deployment
What is The Criteria
- Unemployed graduates or non graduates
- ·Must be between 18-35 years old
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to undertake self-tutorship
Start Date: August 1, 2016
Duration: 3 Months
- Industry grade certification
- National Skills Qualification
- App Developer
- Game Developer
- Web Developer
- Computer System Analyst
- Systems Software Developer
- Software Tester