Who is an Athlete?
An Athlete is One who competes in athletic events.
Depending on his job specification he may be called: Hockey Player, Baseball Player, Golf Professional, Baseball Pitcher, Professional Golf Tournament Player, Basketball Player, Minor League Baseball Player, Major League Baseball Player, Professional Athlete, Football Player
This Occupation May Require: SSCE or Less; Diploma; Degree; Training.
Tasks, Duties, Responsibilities
- Attends scheduled practice or training sessions.
- Participates in athletic events or competitive sports, according to established rules and regulations.
- Exercises or practices under the direction of athletic trainers or professional coaches to develop skills, improve physical condition, or prepare for competitions.
- Maintains equipment used in a particular sport.
- Maintains optimum physical fitness levels by training regularly, following nutrition plans, or consulting with health professionals.
- Assesses performance following athletic competition, identifying strengths and weaknesses and making adjustments to improve future performance.
- Receives instructions from coaches and other sports staff prior to events, and discusses their performance afterwards.
- Represents teams or professional sports clubs, performing such activities as meeting with members of the media, making speeches, or participating in charity events.; Leads teams by serving as captain.