Chevening Scholarships in Nigeria are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year Master’s at any UK university. The scholarship programme provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
A Chevening Scholarship offers financial support along with the opportunity to become part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applicants from Nigeria can choose any course of study, but we particularly welcome applications in the following fields:
- Agricultural research
- Environmental science
- Financial services
- Good governance
- Human rights
- Humanitarian crises
- Infectious disease
- Job creation
- Power generation
- Prison services
- Science and innovation
- Small scale businesses
Applications for 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarships are closed. The next application cycle will open in August 2016.
If you applied for a 2016/2017 Chevening Scholarship, you will receive email updates about your application status at each step of the selection process. You can also check this on the online application system by using the login details you registered with. Take a look at the Chevening application timeline and our FAQs for a better understanding of the upcoming stages of the selection process.
Due to the large number of applications received, we are unable to provide individual application status updates or feedback to unsuccessful applicants. Please do not contact your British Embassy or High Commission with application enquiries.
While we review your application, here are a few things you can work on:
- Progress your university applications. You must have an unconditional offer from one of the three courses selected on your application form by 14 July 2016.
- Make sure you meet the Chevening English language requirement by 14 July 2016.
What is included?
- university tuition fees (please note that there is a fee cap applied to MBA programmes which requires applicants to cover any additional cost over £18,000)
- a monthly stipend
- travel costs to and from the UK
- an arrival allowance
- a homeward departure allowance
- a thesis grant
- a grant for study materials
- a study travel allowance
- the cost of one visa application
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK