Customer Service Representative
A Customer Service Representative is One who interacts with customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve complaints.
Sample of reported job titles: Customer Service Representative, Account Manager, Client Services Representative, Account Representative, Customer Service Specialist, Customer Service Agent, Member Services Representative, Hub Associate, Account Service Representative, Call Center Representative.
This Occupation May Require: Diploma; Degree
Tasks, Duties, Responsibilities
- Confers with customers by telephone or in person to provide information about products or services, take or enter orders, cancel accounts, or obtain details of complaints.
- Keeps records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Checks to ensure that appropriate changes were made to resolve customers’ problems.
- Determines charges for services requested, collects deposits or payments, or arranges for billing.
- Refers unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
- Reviews insurance policy terms to determine whether a particular loss is covered by insurance.
- Contacts customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
- Resolves customers’ service or billing complaints by performing activities such as exchanging merchandise, refunding money, or adjusting bills.
- Compares disputed merchandise with original requisitions and information from invoices and prepare invoices for returned goods.
- Obtains and examines all relevant information to assess validity of complaints and to determine possible causes, such as extreme weather conditions that could increase utility bills.
Tools: Autodialer, Automated attendant system, Automatic call distributor ACD, Scanner, Standalone telephone caller identification, Computer
Technology: Contact center software, Customer relationship management CRM software, Electronic mail software, Enterprise resource planning ERP software, Network conferencing software