EHA Clinics Internship is now open.
EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Systems Africa Foundation is deploying innovative technology-driven modular clinics with the ability to combine several critical accelerators to dramatically scale up comprehensive primary health care access in Nigeria. We seek to forge new standards in the delivery of quality health systems and to continue expansion to meet the demand for more personalized services, comfort, and convenience while broadening and deepening the services offered.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Intern – Software Engineering
Location: Kano or Abuja
Department: EHA Clinics – Clinical and Laboratory Informatics
Reports to: Technical Lead, informatics
Purpose of the position
- The intern will work with the informatic team of EHACLINICS to build and manage enterprise systems under the mentorship of senior engineers who will coach you on development best practices.
- Adequate metrics and records are put together in collaboration with all departments to ensure projects and initiatives are monitored effectively to achieve EHA Clinics’ goals.
Description of tasks
The intern must have sufficient knowledge of at least one programming language preferable python and is expected to:
- Take ownership of products under the supervision of a Senior Engineer
- Be a collaborative member of the team
- Have a deep understanding of data structure and algorithm
- Will be part of a scrum team and have some knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle
- Ability to write clean code
- Some knowledge of unit testing
- Experience working with a virtualization system is an added advantage but not required
- Complete necessary reports and documentations
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the line manager.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Management.
Duration and Dedication:
- Six months, with the possibility of an extension.- Dedication: 40 hours/ week (Monday – Friday)
- The intern will work under the supervision of the Program Manager, Community Health.
- This is an intern position and as such, minimal experience is required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or any such related field will be preferred.
- Graduates of tertiary institutions and National Youth Service Corps members can apply.
- The Candidate must have worked with at least one programming language.
- As an intern, you will take part in cutting edge technology and other activities and projects that contribute to bringing solutions to health challenges in Nigeria. Tasks are to be developed in a professional and efficient way, focusing on end-results and delivering high-quality products.
- The diversity of our team means that you will find yourself working in multicultural teams with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures who have wide perspectives, experiences, expectations as well as approaches. Knowledge of the region’s political, socioeconomic, and cultural dynamics will be gained.
- You will also gain a first-hand perception of the day-to-day working environment of EHA Clinics. You will be given a real chance to work with our team of outstanding and inspiring career professionals and senior managers.
- Within the organization, you might have the chance to be exposed to conferences, participate in meetings, and contribute to analytical work as well as on-the-ground projects. Upon the successful conclusion of the assignment, will provide a certificate for the interns that fulfill their commitments with integrity, professionalism, and respect for diversity.
- Upon completion of the internship, the intern shall produce a comprehensive report that explains what they have learned within the internship period and how that impacts their career journey and do a presentation to EHA Clinics. The intern will produce a story to communicate the result of the analysis.
Skills to be developed:
- This position will expose you to developing and managing enterprise systems which include our EMR, ERP, and mobile application
- You will build skills in software development best practices and documentation
- You will be part of am agile team and will interact with Senior Engineers, UI/UX designers, Quality assurance engineers
- We ll expose you to our various tech stacks – flutter, python, java, odoo, kibana, elastic search, firebase, postgre, kubernetes, etc.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. eHA is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. As this is a full-time field role, the employee must be physically and mentally fit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is all of the time required to stand and walk. The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and reach with their hands and arms.
- This is an unpaid position, however, a monthly stipend of Forty Thousand Naira (₦40,000) only will be provided for transportation and feeding allowances. All other costs related to living expenses MUST be borne by the intern. The intern will have to make his or her own arrangements for travel, accommodation, and incidents.
- Health Insurance: EHA Clinics will provide health insurance cover during your period of internship.
- Confidentiality: You have to be discreet and keep confidential any and all unpublished information obtained during the course of the internship and do not publish any reports or papers based on such information.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online