A Floral Designer is One who cuts, and arranges live, dried, or artificial flowers and foliage.
Depending on her job specification she may be called: Flower Shop Laborer/Designer, Floral Artist.
This Occupation May Require: SSCE or less, Diploma; Degree; Professional Certification, Training
Tasks, Duties, Responsibilities
- Confers with clients regarding price and type of arrangement desired and the date, time, and place of delivery.
- Plans arrangement according to client’s requirements, utilizing knowledge of design and properties of materials, or select appropriate standard design pattern.
- Waters plants, and cuts, conditions, and cleans flowers and foliage for storage.
- Selects flora and foliage for arrangements, working with numerous combinations to synthesize and develop new creations.
- Orders and purchases flowers and supplies from wholesalers and growers.
- Wraps and prices completed arrangements.
- Trims material and arranges bouquets, wreaths, terrariums, and other items using trimmers, shapers, wire, pins, floral tape, foam, and other materials.
- Performs office and retail service duties such as keeping financial records, serving customers, answering telephones, selling giftware items and receiving payment.
- Informs customers about the care, maintenance, and handling of various flowers and foliage, indoor plants, and other items.
- Decorates or supervises the decoration of buildings, halls, churches, or other facilities for parties, weddings and other occasions.
Tools: Trimmer, Shaper, Wire, Pin, Floral Tape, Foam,