The International Financial Corporation IFC a sister organization to the World Bank is the biggest global investment institution with a focus on the private sector in developing countries.
IFC offers a wide range of financial services to the private sector in developing countries.
The amount accessible depends on a per-project basis.
- Must reside in a developing country that’s a member of IFC
- Must be in the private sector
- Be technically sound;
- Have good prospects of being profitable;
- Benefit the local economy; and
- Be environmentally and socially sound, satisfying our environmental and social standards as well as those of the host country.
How to apply
IFC does not offer its services to small, medium individual entrepreneurs. To access financing you’ll have to go through their financial institution partners.
However, companies an entrepreneurs seeking to establish a new venture or expand an existing enterprise can approach IFC directly by submitting an investment proposal.