Job opportunity is now open at UAC Foods Limited.
UAC Foods Limited is a leading manufacturer and Marketer of tasty, nourishing convenience foods. The business is a joint venture between UACN Plc of Nigeria with 51% equity stake and Tiger Brands of South Africa with 49%. We are a quality conscious company and always aim to add value to our consumers with our rich basket of Snacks, Beverage and Dairies products. Our foremost act of social responsibility is the nutritious, hygienic and safe products that we consistently give to Nigerians.
Staffed with the right people in key Technical, Production and Customer Service Units coupled with our rich culture of innovation spanning many years, we have remained a dominant player in the food industry. Our company pioneered the Sausage Roll market in 1952 and for over 50 years, Gala has kept Nigerians going in their journey to success.
As a result of ongoing expansion, we are looking to fill the position below:
Job Title: Lead Project and Engineering Manager
- Responsible for manning all the interrelated activities, interests and resources required to successfully execute any project (Greenfield project inclusive) within time, budget, quality and safety constraints in a FMCG company.
- Develop and implement overall asset care strategy to deliver production efficiencies across all 3 plants in UFL and Head Office to meet sales demand in a cost-effective way without compromising on quality and Health & Safety whilst building a highly skilled Technical crew to ensure equipment reliability and sustainability.
You will be accountable for:
- Project Scenario and Conceptualisation
- Basic Project Engineering from Budget cost/ Activity/ Risk management Planning to Preparation of Process & Instrumentation (P & ID), Plan Layout,3D Piping diagrams to Project Data Book to Enginerring design to Operational and Financil Justifications to Necessary Implementation.
- Detail Engineering- Layout, Workflow, Detailed cost planning, BOQ, Activity Planning, Procurement, Change control , Organization & Maintenance Planning
- Resource Mobilisation/ Allocation of Manpower, tools, equipment
- Timely Installation/ Commissioning of Projects
- Stakeholder management (Project sponsor, principal, internal customers, suppliers, equipment/ component manufacturers, engineers & specialists) on timely and quality delivery of projects
- Risk and safety management
- Management of complexity for multiple projects
- Reporting- expenditure monitoring, cost comparison analysis, assets categorisation
- Responsible for quantity, quality and cost of engineering maintenance in Ojota, Oregun and Jos plants. Ensure availability of plants/machinery for productive use at all times
- Organize and execute planned preventive maintenance of plant and machinery using the most efficient and cost effective methodology
- Evaluate and analyse breakdown deployments and hold PM meetings to discuss problems, their causes and parts required for effective maintenance
- Be the custodian of maintenance policy of the plants and give general direction to the maintenance philosophy functioning as Maintenance leader of all plants.
- Accountable for spare parts management to ensure optimum stock value, stock ratio, and turnover ratio and spares accuracy.
- Ensure uninterrupted Utility Services – water, electricity for all operations in the plants
- Maintain the cooling plant and ensure availability of cooling medium at the required temperature and flow for cooling various cooling operations
- Accountable for the plants total repair and maintenance budget and utilities generation and distribution budget. Responsible for the National Engineering department budget.
- Responsible for quantity and quality approvals of all purchase orders in SAP to ensure alignment with departmental budget and debit codes.
- Responsible for maintenance aspect of the ETP
- Liaise with group in design, selection of equipment, FAT, execution, commissioning and SAT (Site-Acceptance-Test) on all new projects and major modification.
- Make justifications for fund application, Execute all CAPEX and REM and Monitor and control budget
The ideal candidate will possess:
- B.Sc./B. Eng. Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years management experience; 10 years should be in Project / Engineering management in FMCG companies.
- Great Project Management skills
- Exceptional at Creativity, applied learning, numerical ability and critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Integrity, flexibility, self control, customer and management empathy
- Any internationally recognised Project Management Certification
- Membership of NSE, COREN is an added advantage
Application Closing Date
2nd October, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: email@example.com using the position as subject of email