A Marketing Manager is One who plans, directs, or coordinates marketing policies and programs, such as determining the demand for products and services offered by a firm and its competitors, and identify potential customers.
Depending on his job specification he may be called: Marketing Director, Marketing Manager, Vice President of Marketing, Business Development Manager, Marketing Coordinator, Account Supervisor, Business Development Director, Commercial Lines Manager, Commercial Marketing Specialist, Market Development Manager
This Occupation May Require: (Commercial Foundation); Degree in Human Resources Marketing; Master’s Degree; Professional Certification
Tasks, Duties, Responsibilities
- Formulates, directs and coordinates marketing activities and policies to promote products and services, working with advertising and promotion managers.
- Identifies, develops, or evaluates marketing strategy, based on knowledge of establishment objectives, market characteristics, and cost and markup factors.
- Directs the hiring, training, or performance evaluations of marketing or sales staff and oversee their daily activities.
- Evaluates the financial aspects of product development, such as budgets, expenditures, research and development appropriations, or return-on-investment and profit-loss projections.
- Develops pricing strategies, balancing firm objectives and customer satisfaction.
- Compiles lists describing product or service offerings.
- Initiates market research studies or analyze their findings.
- Uses sales forecasting or strategic planning to ensure the sale and profitability of products, lines, or services, analyzing business developments and monitoring market trends.
- Coordinates or participates in promotional activities or trade shows, working with developers, advertisers, or production managers, to market products or services.
- Consults with buying personnel to gain advice regarding the types of products or services expected to be in demand.
Tools: Computer, Facsimile machines, Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers, Scanner
Technology: Analytical or scientific software, Customer relationship management CRM software, Data base user interface and query software , Electronic mail software, Graphics or photo imaging software