What is N-Power Build Nigeria?
N-Power Build is an accelerated training and certification (Skills to Job) programme that will engage and train 75,000 young unemployed Nigerians in order to build a new crop of skilled and highly competent workforce of technicians, artisans and service professionals.
The focus industries include:
- Building Services
- Built Environment Services
- Aluminium and Gas
Criteria for Selection
- Currently Unemployed
- No degree or diploma requirements
- Aged between 18-35
- Interest in fixing, building and creating things
1st August, 2016
National Skills Qualification
- Building/Construction Project Management
- Furniture Making and Design
- Electrical Maintenance and Repairs Services
- Building and Construction services
1. ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION & MAINTENANCE COURSE
Electrical Installation & Maintenance is focused on developing skills associated with how to install electrical systems and carry out the inspection and testing of single-phase and three-phase domestic installations using the City & Guilds of London framework. This course also covers basic principles of electricity, repairs and planned maintenance to an existing installation. This 3 months intensive training is aimed at equipping the participants with the appropriate skills and competencies to operate and maintain safe working conditions, identify and select quality materials based on their technical properties and practical competencies required for installation and routine maintenance.
2. MANUAL METAL ARC & GAS WELDING COURSE
Manual Metal Arc (MMA) & Gas Welding is focused on developing welding skills that meet up with the defect acceptance requirement of BS 4872 Part 1 in Steel or Stainless steel using the City & Guilds of London framework. This course deals with the technology and the principles that underpin the fabrication and welding processes as well as the application of this knowledge within a health & safety compliant environment. This 3 months intensive training is aimed at equipping the participants with the appropriate skills and competencies in producing standard welded joints safely using the MMA & Gas welding process.
3. PLUMBING INSTALLATION & MAINTENANCE
This course is designed to provide participants with practical knowledge and competencies in fixing of pipes, drain fittings, valves, valve assemblies and devices installed in a building for the distribution of water for drinking, heating, washing, and the removal of waterborne wastes. This 3 months intensive training is aimed at equipping the participants with the appropriate skills and competencies to operate and maintain safe working conditions, identify and select quality materials based on their technical properties and practical competencies required for installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing tools used for water distribution and waste disposal in residential, commercial and industrial buildings. Proper use and maintenance of plumbing tools & equipment and care in the handling of the tools is emphasized.
Furniture is a vocationally oriented programme intended to teach trainees the skills and knowledge necessary to begin a successful career as a cabinet or furniture-maker. The trainees will complete a series of projects of increasing complexity and detail, which will impart not only the techniques required to cut and process panels and solid stock, produce accurate joinery and assemble finished pieces, but also the skills required to do so in an efficient and cost effective manner. They will learn to work independently and also as part of a highly skilled team. Emphasis will be on safety, accuracy and efficiency in the techniques of contemporary woodworking.
5. BLOCK-LAYING & MASONRY
Block Laying is focused on equipping the participants with the skills and knowledge to work in the building and construction of block making & masonry trade. The participants will learn how to make blocks, lay and bond bricks and similar building blocks and how to construct ornamental panels, feature walls, arches and columns. The trainee will also learn how to lay bricks for domestic, commercial and public buildings, as well as how to prepare and maintain masonry work. They will learn about the common materials of masonry construction which are bricks, stones, marble, granite, travertine, limestone, cast stone, concrete block, and tile. In addition, they will be able to read and understand design drawings and structural details to understand clearly the types of blocks to be used, their bonding patterns, reinforcing and grouting details and the relationship between the concrete masonry and other elements of the structure in hand.
6. REFRIGERATION and AIR-CONDITIONING
The Refrigeration and Air-conditioning training aims to equip participants with the knowledge and practical competencies of refrigeration, air-conditioning, refrigerants, their properties and associated controls. The importance of this training to construction and building maintenance industries cannot be over emphasized. This 3 months intensive training is aimed at equipping participants with the appropriate skills and competencies in the usage of manuals, drawings, hand tools, test instruments in troubleshooting, repairing, maintaining, installing and safety regulations in industrial refrigeration and air-conditioning. The N-Build programme will provide participants with practical hands-on experience in servicing and maintenance of refrigeration and air-conditioning equipment.
1. The processes for applying for and / or being selected for the N-power programme are open and transparent.
2. The selection criteria will be published and made public. The criteria will seek to identify the applicants that will be best suited to the objectives of the programme in a fair. reasonable and consistent manner.
3. Any claim by any individual and / or group suggesting any influence of a political, religious or similar nature will be a factor in the N-power programme is false and should be rejected.
4. There is no truth in any claim that suggests there are set allocations or quota under the N-power programme for any political group or party.
5. Exchange of money and/or services for placement in the N-power programme is prohibited. Any individual and / or group making any financial request or similar demands from any applicant do so fraudulently and must be reported to the appropriate authorities.
6. Registration and selection for the N-power programme is absolutely free.
7. It is your duty to be vigilant and beware of fraudsters who intend to take advantage of gullible or uninformed citizens.
The Federal Government has NOT and will NOT place additional burden on citizens who wish to be employed.
N-Power Programme Team