N-power Registration Now Open for 300,000 Unemployed Nigerians
The federal government of Nigeria has opened the much awaited N-power registration process for a new set of N-Power beneficiaries.
Recall that N-power announced the disengagement of thousands of graduates comprising of both Batch A and B N-Power volunteers last week. A new N-power application process was then announced by the programs twitter handle on the 26th of June, 2020. According to N-Power, the application into the scheme is free.
Who Can Apply For N-power 2020?
The N-Power opportunity has opened categories for both graduates and non-graduates who are unemployed. So you do not need to possess a degree to apply. For the graduate category, the scheme accepts qualifications such as Ordinary National Diploma (OND), Nigerian Certificate in Education (NCE) and B.Sc degrees. While for the Non-graduate category the scheme accepts Senior School Certificate Exammination SSCE.
Requirements to apply for N-Power
To be eligible for the N-power programme you must meet the following requirements:
- You must be an unemployed Nigerian citizen between the ages of 18 and 35
- You must Pass the relevant tests
- You must be willingness to work and learn
- You must have the ability to develop skills
N-power Application Requirement
To complete your application you must have the following documents:
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- Recent passport photograph either for jpeg or PNG files.
- Valid contact-Email address or working phone number
- Applicant degree and NYSC discharge certificate
How to Apply For N-power 2020
To apply for the N-Power scheme, Follow this link.
- Click Register. You will be required to provide your contact details including Email or Phone Number, and password in the section provided.
- An email will be sent to your inbox requiring you to confirm the registration. Open the email and confirm your registration.
- Once the e-mail is confirmed, fill in your 11-digit BVN and date of birth.
- On the Biodata and contact page, fill in your surname, first name and middle name. The names entered must be as it is written on your BVN.
- On the Education and Programme page, you filling in your education. For graduate applications, you will need to upload a digital copy of your degree certificates and NYSC certificate. Some of the programmes like N-Tech and N- health sub-programmes are only open to graduates.
- On the Employment and other details page, answer the questions opened to you and upload a valid government-issued identity card. These include International passport, National ID card, Valid drivers licence, Permanent voters card.
- On the Review and submit page cross-check all the information you have entered. if they are all correct, submit the form. After submitting the form, you’ll be given a unique ID number which you will use for further enrolment processes.
Successful N-power candidates will be deployed to schools, organisations, workshops, factories and other institutions to work and accumulate the much-needed working experience employers are always after. They are also entitled to a monthly stipend of 30,000 while gaining relevant skills and Knowledge from the scheme.
According to the N-Power website, over 200,000 youths have benefited from the scheme in the last two years.