A Real Estate Agent is One who operates real estate office, or works for commercial real estate firm, overseeing real estate transactions.
Depending on his job specification he may be called: Realtor, Associate Broker, Real Estate Agent, Real Estate Broker, Real Estate Broker Associate, Sales Agent, Broker Associate, Broker in Charge, Real Estate Salesperson, Broker.
This Occupation May Require: (Commercial Foundation); Degree in Estate Management or Related Field; Master’s Degree; Professional Certification
Tasks, Duties, Responsibilities
- Interviews clients to determine what kinds of properties they are seeking.
- Sells, or rents for a fee, real estate owned by others.
- Obtains agreements from property owners to place properties for sale with real estate firms.
- Acts as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers over property prices and settlement details and during the closing of sales.
- Generates lists of properties for sale, their locations, descriptions, and available financing options, using computers.
- Maintains knowledge of real estate law, local economies, fair housing laws, types of available mortgages, financing options, and government programs.
- Checks work completed by loan officers, attorneys, or other professionals to ensure that it is performed properly.
- Presents purchase offers to sellers for consideration.
- Acts as an intermediary in negotiations between buyers and sellers, generally representing one or the other.
- Advises clients on market conditions, prices, mortgages, legal requirements and related matters.
- Accompanies buyers during visits to and inspections of property, advising them on the suitability and value of the homes they are visiting.
- Prepares documents such as representation contracts, purchase agreements, closing statements, deeds and leases.
- Confers with escrow companies, lenders, home inspectors, and pest control operators to ensure that terms and conditions of purchase agreements are met before closing dates.
Tools: Automobile or car, Calculator or accessories, Facsimile machine, Photocopier, Tape measure
Technology: Customer relationship management CRM software, Data base user interface and query software, Electronic mail software, Internet browser software, Spreadsheet software, Financial analysis software, Graphics or photo imaging software