A Reservations Agent is One who makes and confirms reservations for transportation or lodging, or sells transportation tickets.
Sample of reported job titles: Travel Clark, Customer Service Agent, Customer Service Representative (CSR), Reservationist, Station Agent, Tour Sales Representative, Airline Ticket Agent
This Occupation May Require: SSCE; Diploma; Degree
Tasks, Duties, Responsibilities
- Plans routes, itineraries, and accommodation details, and computes fares and fees, using schedules, rate books, and computers.
- Makes and confirms reservations for transportation and accommodations, using telephones, faxes, mail, and computers.
- Prepares customer invoices and accepts payment.
- Answers inquiries regarding information such as schedules, accommodations, procedures, and policies.
- Assembles and issues required documentation, such as tickets, travel insurance policies, and itineraries.
- Determines whether space is available on travel dates requested by customers, assigning requested spaces when available.
- Informs clients of essential travel information, such as travel times, transportation connections, and medical and visa requirements.
- Maintains computerized inventories of available passenger space and provide information on space reserved or available.
- Confers with customers to determine their service requirements and travel preferences.
- Examines passenger documentation to determine destinations and to assign boarding passes.
Tools: Airline ticket or boarding pass ATB printer, Electronic funds transfer point of sale equipment, Computer, Premise branch exchange PBX system, Ticket dispensing machine
Technology: Data base user interface and query software, Electronic mail software, Point of sale POS software, Spreadsheet software, Word processing software