A Sales Manager is One who plans, directs, or coordinates the actual distribution or movement of a product or service to the customer.
Depending on his job specification he may be called: Sales Manager, Vice President of Sales, Director of Sales, District Sales Manager, Regional Sales Manager, Sales Supervisor, General Manager, Sales and Marketing Vice President, Sales Representative, Store Manager
This Occupation May Require: Degree; Master’s Degree; Professional Certification
Tasks, Duties, Responsibilities
- Resolves customer complaints regarding sales and service.
- Oversees regional and local sales managers and their staffs.
- Plans and direct staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Determines price schedules and discount rates.
- Reviews operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
- Monitors customer preferences to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
- Confers or consults with department heads to plan advertising services and to secure information on equipment and customer specifications.
- Directs and coordinates activities involving sales of manufactured products, services, commodities, real estate or other subjects of sale.
- Confers with potential customers regarding equipment needs and advise customers on types of equipment to purchase
Tools: Computer, Personal digital assistant PDAs or organizers , Scanner
Technology: Calendar and scheduling software, Customer relationship management CRM software, Electronic mail software, Data base user interface and query software , Spreadsheet software, Content Management Software